I can’t tell you how many people ask me about laundry. “What tricks do you have?” “What systems do you recommend to families for laundry?” “How can I get out from underneath Laundry Mountain?”
You might not like my answer but here it is… Do it!
Do your laundry from start to finish. There is not magic life-altering system.
Now, your family might have some different laundry needs that you can use a system for but the bottom line is, you have to do your laundry. With that said, there are a few tricks that can help you to accomplish that.
- The less clothing you have, the less laundry you will have to do. I have a list of questions to ask yourself about what clothing to keep and what clothing to get rid of coming soon! Keep an eye out!
- Set a timer for when the washer will be done. When the timer goes off, change the clothes over to the dryer.
- Set a timer for when the dryer will be done. When the timer goes off, fold the clothes.
- When you are done folding, put the clothes away. Right away.
- If you have children, teach them how to do their laundry. It takes time and patience, but it is more than worth it to raise helpful contributors to your family.
- Play some Beat the Clock games. Plan other things that will take the same amount of time to do as your washer or dryer. Perhaps spend that time picking up the little things around the house that never made it to their appropriate homes. Get a basket or bin, carry it with you to pick all of those little items up. When the basket is full, put everything in the basket where it goes. Repeat until everything is put away. By this time the laundry is ready to change over or fold and put away.
What ways have you found to make sure you get the laundry done from start to finish?